Monday 15 January 2018

Paddington Bear

Last week I promised you a crocheted Paddington Bear and who am I to not deliver on my promises!

Paddington arrived yesterday and is just getting settled into his "forever home".


He is a big lad and has taken me about 10 days to crochet using Stylecraft Special DK yarn.  I had just about finished him on Saturday but re-did his hat a couple more times until I had a good fit.  This required a 4.5 size hook.  Each attempt took a couple of hours and I think his jacket took 5 or 6 hours.  I like the little pockets on the front and the hoody at the back.

His body was crocheted in Styecraft DK yarn colour Sandstone.  I wasn't a great fan of it.  The spin was quite loose and although I went down to 2.8 crochet hook, to compensate for this, I think I could have gone smaller to get a tighter finish.  Maybe it is something I consider next time or just when it comes to decreasing.  I am not sure when would be a next time as my next project to start is cushion covers so look out for my next blog about these.

Anyway, if you fancy crocheting your own Paddington Bear the pattern was a free gift in December's edition of Crochet Now magazine.  It perfectly coincided with the film release of Paddington 2 and if hope over to Crochet Now's Facebook page you will catch a glimpse of everyone's makes so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment