Sunday 7 January 2018

Brian the Bear

Happy New Year!

I realise it has been a while since I last posted on my blog.  Christmas time is a busy time for me and I usually have prepared items lined up but for some reason this went awry this year.  So starting afresh, I am going to tell you what I have been up to over the last few weeks and what there is to look forward to in the year ahead.

I subscribe to Crochet Now Magazine and finding this a really great way to try new techniques and make things I wouldn't have imagined all thanks to the free gifts that come each month!

In Issue 22 readers received a free yarn kit and pattern to make Brian the Bear.  Brian is made head down in the amigurumi style, in a spiral without slip stitching or turning chains at the start of each row.  There were some other free festive makes that could have been made from this free yarn including Rufus the Reindeer, a beaded Christmas Bauble and Christmas Tree, but perhaps another time!

Here is Brian all finished.  I have him for sale on Etsy where I have set up a store for my crochet makes.

You can visit Brian here at my store.



Also, from an earlier edition of the magazine, I received 9 patterns based on a woodland theme that also came with a free kit of yarn and from that I made this rather lovely little hedgehog.  I have named her Harriet the Hedgehog and she is also for sale in my Etsy Store.





You can visit Harriet here on my Etsy Store. 

Now for the exciting news!  The latest edition (Issue 23) of the Crochet Now Magazine has a free pattern to make a very special bear and its "Paddington Bear".  The good news is that I have started making this and I can't wait to see him finished in his hat and duffle coat.  Of course I will share him with you when he is complete and hopefully will be posting him here very soon!  

No comments:

Post a Comment