Sunday 10 December 2017

12 Days of Christmas

I loved everything about the 12 days of Christmas Collection from Docrafts but it has taken me an age to decide how I was going to use it so it has been in my crafty stash for some time waiting for divine inspiration. In the collection were stamps, washi tape, 8x8 cards and inserts. I also had some dies and an embossing folder that went with the theme.

In the 12x12 paper pad where a number of 6x6 toppers which I realized fitted exactly on the Diesire fancy fold cards so an idea was formulated.  

I had a 12 days of Christmas embossing folder that I brought from Tattered Lace to use as a background on these cards.  The stamps came in handy too as I wanted something quite light as the background on the front cover.  I used my clear Sparkle pen to color in my stamped backgrounds.






and used some dies from XCut add more interest.



I added a Diesire Die for the back of the card to indicate that this would be a good place to sign the card.

Here are some more I made:



I used peeloff strips to edge the card.



 It was important to me that the inside was as beautiful as the outside.

I had just brought these little penguin dies and I think they work perfectly on this card.



These were the inserts that came with the paper collection.



I put a mix of stamps on my card background.



and used a die on the inside to cut out my french hens.



These were the cards that came with the paper collection. I couldn't decide how to use them.  The first time I put card stock behind and cut out the aperture so you could see through the center.



This time I kept the center in and quite liked it.



I decorated the inside like this and decided this was going to be from me to my husband.



I put one of the toppers behind but didn't like it that much as it looks very busy.




The best effect of all was using acetate behind like this one.




As the paper pad had large scale printing I wanted to do something quite simple so I used some Kraft Card to make the next batch of cards.  I covered the Kraft card with the paper but left a border around the edge.  Then I used a large bird stamp and stamped onto the paper and then cut this out.  I also stamped the card so that when I stuck down the bird, the legs were visible so I didn't have to cut them out, genius!

This is what they looked like:



This is my favourite bird stamp.






And here are a few cards made up with the assortment of pieces that came with the paper craft kit.







No comments:

Post a Comment