Sunday 19 November 2017

Delft Blue Bookmark

The last time I did any cross stitching was many many years ago when I made a pin cushion.  Then recently I came across a great website called "SewandSo" and realised they have a really good selection of cross stitch kits and anything sewing related.

I found some cross stitch kits that were reasonably priced and thought they would be perfect to take away on my holiday.  I even got a discount for my first purchase.


I finished stitching this bookmark some time ago but never got round to putting it out with the ironing to do.  Then when I eventually got round to pressing it I thought "well I have got this far all I need to do is finish off the back".  

To adhere the felt backing onto the Aida I used some Collall Tacky Glue and glued the turned over edges down.  Then I trimmed the felt backing to fit and applied some glue to this.  Using a scrapper I was able to ensure that I didn't over do the glue so it didn't seep through.  The final job was to add the tassel and then it was complete.

I made this as a present for my mother-in-law hence the initials on it.  I hope that she likes it!




No comments:

Post a Comment